Monday, February 21, 2011

My writing, His eyes, and THE LIP...

My dad made it very clear to me that I was not a good writer.  Something he was very talented in and I obviously didn't get from him.  He would tell me that I can write more run-on sentences than anyone he knew.  On top of being a bad writer I was horribly slow at typing.  I remember his frustration one weekend night when he took me up to the school to finish typing a paper that I'm sure I should have had done WAY before that day.  I think that he may have taken my rough draft and finished it for me...maybe, I don't remember, but I do remember him being very frustrated.   Despite all my follies I want my kids to know a little more of the wonderfully fun man he was.   So I'm trying to start writing a bit of my memories of him.

One of my favorite things about my dad was his bright eyes typically full of excitement.  One of the funniest things though was his face when he was mad.  He would tuck his tongue between his lower lip and his bottom teeth and push his chin out.  If this was the look you encountered with him You knew that you had done something wrong.  Although you usually knew that you had done something wrong long before you saw the lip.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment