Sunday, March 13, 2011

Karl meets Dad

The first time Karl met dad we went down to Salt Lake with the family to see 'Disney on Ice'. Karl is a cautious person. Our family is a little more, shall we say "warm" than most people he was used to. We had a great time. Our family welcomed him right in. Karl held my hand for the first time and wasn't sure if he was OK with this in front of my family. He hadn't held any girl's hand before, but he faired ok through the evening until we went to leave and he realised that he didn't have any change to pay for parking. So, much to his dismay I asked my dad if he had some money for us to pay for parking. My dad walk over to Karl and gladly handed over a couple buck along with the remark, "I can't beleive I'm paying you to 'park' with my daughter." Karl was mortified! We still laugh about it to this day. Dad was always good with words. Yet another trait I didn't get from him. How did I miss out on all these good traits???

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment